Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Alarm Bells

Finally got my motion activated alarm today.  Unfortunately it only records 7 seconds of audio.  I would like to figure out how to prolong the playback but I am out of time and still have heard nothing from the geology IT person.  Audio is scratchy and pretty loud with no volume control.
I am also finishing up my geode easter eggs today so at least I will have something to show for this project.  It's good to have plan B in these scenarios.  I plan to hide them throughout the geology department noting each position, then do period walk throughs to see if they have been found.


Interdisciplinary art project

H. Chilton
3:57 PM (0 minutes ago)
to chulbe
Hello,
I realize I have not checked in with you in a while so I wanted to let you know about my progress.  I wanted to thank you for your participation in this project and for getting me in touch with Mason.  He was able to give me some very useful information.  I was able to locate the desired audio clips for the project but unfortunately fell short on the electronics end of things.  I was unable to get a response from the person in charge of the seismograph computer so I went ahead and ordered a motion activated alarm with record and playback for audio.  The result is a little disappointing as the audio is scratchy and louder than expected with no volume control and the audio playback is only a seven second duration.  I would like to bring it by your office and see if you think it is worthwhile to have it mounted in the hallway.  
At this point I am resorting to plan B, the geode easter egg idea.  I would like to get your permission to place the eggs throughout the geology department.
Please let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment